Talks for Growing Christians
The Lord Explains the He is God & He is the Only Way of Salvation
Lesson Number 66
- There is only one way of salvation.
- There is only one God.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the Lord your questions.
- Why did the Lord rebuke His disciples?
- Why was the Lord grieved at Philip’s request to show him the Father?
- Many roads lead to heaven. Right? Support your answer.
- How is Christianity more than a religion?
- In John 14:9, was Jesus claiming to be the Father?
- On what three areas of proof did Jesus base His claim to deity?
- For their immature faith concerning who He was.
- Because He had continually made known to the disciples that He and the Father were one, and that if One was seen, so was the other.
- Wrong. There is only one road, one way, and that is the lord Jesus. See John 14:6. See also Acts 4:12 and 1 Timothy 2:5.
- It is a relationship. Faith must be centered and focused in the person of Christ.
- No, because the Father and the Son are distinct persons. There is one God in essence, but three distinct persons of the Godhead.
- His character, His words, and His works. See John 14:10-11.
- Both Thomas and Philip came to the Lord with questions. Thomas was confused and Philip just wanted a glimpse of God. The Lord graciously and with characteristic patience gave them answers that would help them to grow in their faith. Do you believe that He can do the same for you? Give a personal illustration of when your faith has grown.
- Both Thomas and Philip came to Jesus with “an attitude.” Thomas could be characterized as a skeptic, and Philip as a realist. Are there times when you come to Jesus with an attitude? Christ will do for you as He did for them. He will help you to grow in your faith.
- “Jesus said, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’” John 14:6
- “He who has seen Me has seen the Father… I am in the Father, and the Father in Me.” John 14:9, 11