Talks for Growing Christians
A Wonderful Description of Heaven & The Promise of the Lord’s Return
Lesson Number 65
- Heaven is a place where it doesn’t get any better than this.
- Think about heaven when you are discouraged.
- “Let not your heart be troubled.” Why does the Lord say this to His disciples at this point in time?
- In which verses is there a description of heaven and the promise of the Lord’s return?
- Which portions of Scripture refer to the return of Christ for the church? What is this commonly called?
- What event is referred to in other passages in the Gospels and in the Old Testament concerning Christ’s return?
- Why is heaven the best place possible?
- What should you think about when you are discouraged?
- Because they were bewildered and discouraged. Jesus had told them that He would be crucified, and He revealed that one of them would betray Him. He told them that He was going to leave them, and that Peter would deny Him. It’s no wonder that they were bewildered and discouraged.
- John 14:2-3
- The Epistles, specifically 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. The Rapture.
- The Lord’s return to earth to set up His Kingdom.
- It is a place called home and it is eternal; it is a place prepared just for us; and it is a place where the Lord Jesus is and wants us to be with Him.
- Is your heart troubled? Are you ever discouraged? Prayerfully read John 14:1.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:51-57 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. Does this make your heart rejoice? It should.
- Read Titus 2:11-14. Is your lifestyle affected as your anticipate the return of Christ for His church?
- “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you… And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you maybe also.” John 14:1-3