Talks for Growing Christians
Judgment of Nations; Future Blessings for Israel
Lesson Number 5
- The future day of the Lord will mean judgment for the nations. 2. The future day of the Lord will mean blessing for Israel.
- Make your decision before the Lord makes His decision.
- “The day of the Lord” is a topic that is found frequently in the prophets of the O.T. How frequently?
- “The day of the Lord” is the main theme of which two books?
- Define “The day of the Lord”.
- Have “the day of the Lord” prophesies been fulfilled in history?
- How does the New Testament shed light on “the day of the Lord” prophecies?
- How are “the day of the Lord” prophecies divided?
- When will the future “day of the Lord” prophecies of judgment take place?
- When will the future “day of the Lord” prophecies of blessing take place?
- It is found in eight (half) of the prophetic books of the Old Testament. It is found in six of the twelve minor prophets.
- Zephaniah and Joel.
- “The day of the Lord” is any time that the Lord of heaven intervenes in the affairs of man on earth.
- Some of them, but most of them await to be fulfillment in the end times.
- We can look back and sort out the day of the Lord prophecies to see what has been fulfilled, what has been partially fulfilled, and what is yet to be fulfilled.
- They are divided into prophecies of judgment and prophecies of blessing.
- During the future tribulation period after the rapture.
- During the future millennial kingdom of Christ, which follows the tribulation period.
- The judgment of the nations follows the great battle of Armageddon at the end of the seven-year tribulation period. Jesus refers to this judgment of the nations as the Judgment of the sheep and the goats, in the Olivet Discourse (see Matthew 25). This judgment will be based on how the nations treated the LordÕs chosen people. Consider this- it is more than a matter of anti-Semitism. Those who stand against the anti-Christ in the last days and help this believing Jewish remnant will be risking their lives, and it will be evidence of their true faith.
- Joel 3:17-21 is a wonderful description of the millennial blessing that will come to the land and the believing nation of Israel in the future. Recall the many times throughout the history of Jerusalem and the land of Judah that they have been attacked and invaded. But this will never happen again once the Lord sets up His kingdom.
- Make your decision before the Lord makes His decision. Multitudes in the valley of decision will find that it is too late to decide to follow the Lord. A this time the Lord will decide who in these multitudes will enter heaven and who will not. Right now the door of decision is still open. See 2 Corinthians 6:2. Make sure you decide before it is too late.
- “Let the nations be wakened, and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit to judge…” Joel 3:12
- “Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! The day of the Lord is near…” Joel 3:14
- “The heavens and earth will shake, but the Lord will be a shelter for His people…” Joel 3:16