Talks for Growing Christians
A Turning Point in Joel’s Prophecy
Lesson Number 3
- There will be material blessing and deliverance for Israel in the future.
- There will be spiritual blessing and salvation for Israel in the future.
- Let the Lord restore your locust years.
- What caused the devastation to Israel in Chapter 1?
- What would cause the devastation to Israel in Chapter 2?
- When will most of the prophecy of Joel be fulfilled?
- When will the nation of Israel be delivered from all her enemies?
- Should the prophetic verses of Joel 2:18-19 be spiritualized to the church today?
- In Joel 2:20, what is the name of the eastern sea, and what is the name of the western sea?
- Why is Joel known as the Prophet of Pentecost?
- The invasion of the locusts.
- Invading armies.
- Most of the prophecy of Joel concerning the day of the Lord is still future, awaiting fulfillment in the end times.
- In the day of the Lord in the end times.
- No, they refer to the literal land of Israel and the literal nation of Israel in the future.
- The eastern sea is the Dead Sea and the western sea is the Mediterranean Sea.
- Because Joel 2:28-32 was quoted by Peter on the day of Pentecost. See Acts 2:17-21.
- There will be material blessing and deliverance for Israel in the future. Even in recent years, the land of Israel has become more productive as the early and latter rains return to the land. But this is just a foretaste of the material blessings and deliverance of Israel in the future. The northern army will invade Israel, but the Lord will deliver them. Read Ezekiel Chapters 38 and 39 and Daniel 11:40-45. What other evidences do you see as a foretaste of the Lord’s zealousness for the land and for His people, Israel?
- ”I will pour out My Spirit.” Compare Joel 2:28-32 and Acts 2:17-21. Spiritual blessing and salvation are coming for Israel in the future. Pentecost was an illustration of what it will be like in the last days for Israel. In the future many Jews will turn to the Lord for salvation. See Joel 2:32 and Romans 11:26. The Jews coming to Christ today are only a foretaste of what’s to come in the future.
- The Lord will restore to Israel the years that the locusts have eaten. Perhaps your life has been “eaten by locusts”, but the Lord can restore the lost years when you turn to Him. Your life can be restored and can bring a blessing.
- “Rejoice in the Lord your God, for He has given you the former rain and the latter rain.” Joel 2:23
- “I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten.” Joel 2:25
- “You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, and praise the name of the Lord your God.” Joel 2:26
- “I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh.” Joel 2:28
- “I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth.” Joel 2:30
- “Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Joel 2:32