Talks for Growing Christians
The Coming Tribulation and Messianic Kingdom of Blessing
Lesson Number 28
- All nations, including unfaithful Israel, will be judged during the Tribulation Period.
- All nations, including restored Israel, will be blessed during the Millennial Kingdom.
- Travel the Highway of Holiness today.
- How do Isaiah 34 and 35 conclude the section of six woes that began in Isaiah 28?
- Where in Scripture is the Tribulation Period called “the time of Jacob’s Trouble” and what is the result of this time?
- Why is Edom singled out from all the other nations in Isaiah 34:5? List several possibilities.
- What is the time frame of the blessings described in Isaiah 35?
- What is the Highway of Holiness (Isaiah 35:8)?
- The final woe was directed against Assyria, the enemy of God’s people (Isaiah 33). This naturally leads to the worldwide scope of God’s future judgment on this earth (Ch. 34), and then God’s future blessings on this earth (Ch. 35).
- Jeremiah 30:7 refers to the future Tribulation Period as the time of Jacob’s Trouble. This will be a final purging time for the Jewish people, but out of that time of trouble will come a restored Israel (Isaiah 35).
- It may be because Edom, as descendants of Esau, should have been more generous with their Jewish brothers, so they are singled out from other nations.
Another possibility is that Edom represents all the other nations and her judgment applies to them all.
A third, likely possibility, is that when all the nations are gathered against Jerusalem in the end times, the foreign armies will camp from the Jezreel Valley all the way to the ancient land of Edom.
- These were not blessings for Israel when they returned from their Babylonian captivity, nor the spiritual blessings that we enjoy in the Church today. These are the blessings of the literal earthly millennial kingdom of Christ that will be established when our Lord returns. It will last for 1000 years and merge into eternity.
- This will be a literal highway where the redeemed pilgrims during the Millennium will come to Jerusalem to worship the Lord.
- Discuss the possible sequence of events at the Lord’s Second Coming. Why is it important to hold this sequence loosely?
- Discuss the radical changes in the land during the Lord’s millennial kingdom. How will all the nations be blessed through this?
- Are you traveling the Highway of Holiness today? Leading a holy life and obeying the Lord’s commands make our worship pleasing to the Lord. Travel the Highway of Holiness.
- “For the indignation of the LORD is against all nations.” Isaiah 34:2
- “Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. Then the lame shall leap like a deer, and the tongue of the dumb sing. For waters shall burst forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert.” Isaiah 35:5-6