Talks for Growing Christians
“Isaiah’s Little Apocalypse,” Continued
Lesson Number 24
- The victory song of the remnant will be sung during the Millennium.
- The new song of the vineyard will be sung during the Millennium.
- Take heart, for it will all come out in the wash!
- Make your peace with God!
- Who is referred to as “the remnant”?
- What great hymn is based upon Isaiah 26:4?
- Why are the people told to hide themselves in Isaiah 26:20?
- Where else has Isaiah referred to Israel as a vineyard?
- What is the only way to have peace with God?
- The “remnant” refers to the saved Jews who come out of the Tribulation Period and become the restored Israel of the Millennial Kingdom of Christ.
- Rock of Ages
- At that time, it seemed like the wicked were getting away with sin, including murder. The people were told to hold on and hide from obvious danger, knowing that in the future the Lord will judge all iniquity – including secret and hidden sin.
- Isaiah 5 was the parable of the vineyard. Israel was the vineyard but they did not produce good fruit – only wild grapes. Now in Isaiah 27 we have the new song of the vineyard, which redeemed Israel will sing during the Millennium.
- The only way is through faith in Christ who died for our sins as your substitute on the cross (see Romans 5:1).
- Isaiah 26 is a victory song that restored Israel will sing during the Millennium. We know He will have the ultimate victory over sin and evil. Our God is a God of victory, then and today. Is there an area of your life where He has given you victory so that you can testify of Him?
- In Isaiah 27:2-6 the Lord Himself is singing of His care and protection for His vineyard Israel. In the following verses we see that God had to discipline His people until they would cease from their idolatry. Discuss this balance of care and discipline from our Heavenly Father. How are both aspects for our good?
- Do you want perfect peace in your life? Isaiah 26:3 tells you the way: remain faithful and trust the Lord, and focus your mind on the things of God.
- “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3
- “So it shall be in that day: The great trumpet will be blown; they will come, who are about to perish in the land of Assyria, and they who are outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.” Isaiah 27:13