Talks for Growing Christians
The Coming Tribulation Period and Millennial Kingdom
Lesson Number 23
- There will be a future Tribulation Period.
- There will be a future Millennial Kingdom.
- What sub-section of the book of Isaiah begins with Chapter 24?
- How is the Tribulation described here different from the daily tribulations we face in life?
- Who are lifting up their voices and glorifying God in Isaiah 24:14-16?
- Why is the time period described in Isaiah 25 called the “Millennium”?
- What are the prevailing characteristics of Christ’s kingdom?
- Isaiah 24-27 is sometimes called “Isaiah’s Little Apocalypse.” Isaiah is looking forward to the future end times.
- The end time Tribulation will be worldwide in scope. No class of people will be spared.
- These are the godly remnant of the Tribulation Period who will praise the Lord from west to east for His righteous judgment.
- Because it will last for 1,000 years before merging with the Eternal State
- Righteousness, Justice, and Blessing
- Re-read Isaiah 24 and correlate what you know about the Tribulation Period from the book of Revelation with what you read here in Isaiah.
- “During the Millennium the curse will be greatly lifted and at the end of the Millennium it will be completely removed for the eternal state.” Discuss this curse and how it came upon the world. Discuss the extent to which it affects us every day.
- Are you willing to wait for God’s blessing in His future kingdom? Health, wealth, and prosperity are not guaranteed to the believer now. But they are coming in the future, for certain. “And it will be said in that day: ‘Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him; we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation.’” Isaiah 25:9
- “The earth is also defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore the curse has devoured the earth, and those who dwell in it are desolate.” Isaiah 24:5-6a
- “He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces; the rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.” Isaiah 25:8