Talks for Growing Christians
A Prediction of the Coming Blessings and Purgings
Lesson Number 3
- The future millennium will be a time of godliness and peace
- The future Tribulation will be a time of humbling and terror.
- Change your value system now, before it’s too late!
- When will world peace come?
- Are the prophecies in this chapter presenting a time of godliness and peace in the Church?
- Give a general definition of the Day of the Lord.
- When was the historical aspect of Isaiah’s Day of the Lord fulfilled?
- What verses tell us Isaiah has moved from foretelling judgment on Judah to the worldwide judgment of the Tribulation period?
- Only with the return of Christ
- No! This is a prophecy predicting the spiritual restoration of the literal nation of Israel and the conversion of many Gentiles in the future. These will make up the literal nations of the millennial kingdom of Christ.
- Anytime the Lord intervenes in the affairs of the nations – for blessing or for judgment.
- When Judah was conquered by the Babylonians and taken into captivity
- The phrase “When He arises to shake the earth mightily” in verses 19 and 21
- Review the sins that Isaiah lists in verses 6-8. He was calling the kingdom of Judah to repent of these things in view of the promise of future restoration. Think back over the history of the kingdom and recall when they committed these sins.
- Discuss what it means to change your value system for an unbeliever and for a believer. Which are you? Do you need to change your value system?
- In the time of coming judgment people will try to hide from the terror of the Lord. But you can’t hide from God. Are you trying to hide from Him?
- “They shall beat their swords into plowshares, And their spears into pruning hooks.” Isaiah 2:4 “For the day of the LORD of hosts shall come upon everything proud and lofty, upon everything lifted up – and it shall be brought low.” Isaiah 2:12