Talks for Growing Christians
The Coming Messiah and His Kingdom on Earth
Lesson Number 13
- In that Day, the wolf will dwell with the lamb.
- In that Day, the remnant will return to the Land.
- Get ready to remap the Middle East.
- The fall of which two kingdoms was predicted in Isaiah 9 and 10?
- How does the Messianic prophecy of Isaiah 11 fit into its context?
- Is the kingdom of righteousness and peace described here Heaven?
- Is this earthy kingdom taking place now, in the church?
- What does it mean to be “amillennial”?
- The fall of the northern kingdom of Israel at the hands of the Assyrians and the fall of the pagan Assyrian empire, after God used them as His rod of judgment.
- In contrast to the rebellious kingdom of Israel and the godless Assyrian empire, another kingdom will arise in the future. The kingdom of the Messiah, here on earth, will be a peaceful kingdom where idolatry and immorality do not exist and where the one true God will be acknowledged and worshipped.
- No; there are not going to be poor and oppressed people in heaven (verse 4). Verses 4 and 9 make it clear this kingdom will be on earth.
- No; to take that view we must spiritualize or allegorize everything in the passage (a common practice). We believe this prophecy is to be taken literally and will be fulfilled literally in the future when the Lord returns to this earth after the Tribulation Period and sets up His literal kingdom which will last for 1,000 years.
- Amillennialists (“no millennium”) do not believe in the literal kingdom of Christ on this earth.
- Review Isaiah 11:1-5, what do we learn of Jesus, the Messiah, from this prophecy? Discuss how His righteous reign will be different from any other ruler who has ever lived.
- Discuss the evidence that the predicted return to the land was not the Jews’ return from the Babylonian captivity. Would we say this is a still future return which has already started before our modern eyes? What makes the Jews’ return to the land such an exciting event?
- The Middle East is continually in the news these days. Take heart and remember that God has a plan for the Middle East and peace will reign there one day – when the Messiah establishes His kingdom in the Land.
- “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the young goat, the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.” Isaiah 11:6
- “It shall come to pass in that day that the Lord shall set His hand again the second time to recover the remnant of His people who are left.” Isaiah 11:11