Talks for Growing Christians
The Good News of Israel’s Future Restoration
Lesson Number 15
- There is a divine path to God’s blessing in the present.
- There is a divine program for God’s blessing in the future.
- Do you agree that the ways of the Lord are right?
- Chapter 14 is a wonderful conclusion to the prophecy of Hosea. Why?
- How does this occur?
- In whom did Israel trust?
- How soon are the “last days”?
- How was Hosea an object lesson to the people of Israel?
- How did Hosea and Gomer illustrate Israel’s redemption?
- Is this redemption story an allegory of the church today?
- It ends on a high note with the restoration of God’s people Israel.
- Israel finally repents of her sinful ways and returns to the Lord, and He graciously restores them.
- She trusted in foreign powers for help, or in her own military forces for security, or in her own technology and strength for deliverance. But finally, Israel will trust in the Lord alone.
- We don’t know, but we may be on the threshold of these last days even now.
- In his own life Hosea was an object lesson or an illustration of the relationship between God and His people Israel.
- Hosea bought his wife back from prostitute slavery and she was restored to a love relationship with her husband. In the same way, the price of Israel’s redemption has already been paid for by her Messiah, and God will restore His people Israel to Himself.
- No. Romans 11 assures us that this great prospect for Israel in the future is not to be allegorized to the church today. Israel is Israel. God’s promises to Israel are still valid and will be fulfilled.
- Refer to Hosea 14:1-3. In these three verses there are three steps to getting right with the Lord. This is possible because the price of redemption has been paid. Step 1) repentance, 2) confession, and 3) trust. Israel has come to the end of herself; she is no longer trusting in her own strength or some other source for security; she is trusting in the Lord alone for her salvation.
This is God’s way for salvation and restoration. Have you taken those three steps for salvation? If you are not a believer, trust Him now. If you are a backsliding believer, take these three steps. Do you want the divine path to God’s blessing? Here it is: repent, confess, trust.
- God has a wonderful program for Israel in the future. In Hosea 14:4-8, the blessings are described for the restored nation of Israel during the millennial kingdom of Christ here on this earth. It is a description of Israel's future fruitfulness and strength and beauty. “Your fruit is found in Me.” (Hosea 14:8). The key for having a fruitful and productive and meaningful life, for Israel and for us, is found in the Lord alone. We can’'t do it ourselves. It’s only when we draw strength and direction from the Lord that we can be fruitful and have a productive and meaningful life. Abiding in the Lord will be the means of blessing for Israel in the future. Abiding in the Lord is the only means for blessing in our lives in the days ahead. Read John 15:1-5. Are you abiding in Him?
- “The ways of the Lord are right.” (Hosea 14:9) Have you ever questioned God’s ways? “He works all things according to the counsel of His will.” (Ephesians 1:11) We may not understand God’s ways and His timing, but we bow to His wisdom as He sees the big picture. See Isaiah 55:8-11 and Romans 11:33. Stand in awe of the Lord’s ways.
- "O Israel, return to the Lord your God, for you have stumbled because of your iniquity… return to the Lord.” Hosea 14:1
- “Say to Him, 'Take away all iniquity; receive us graciously, for we will offer the sacrifices of our lips.” Hosea 14:2
- “I will be like the dew to Israel.” Hosea 14:5
- “Your fruit is found in Me.” Hosea 14:8
- “Who is wise? Let him understand these things. Who is prudent? Let him know them. For the ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them.” Hosea 14:9