Talks for Growing Christians
The Lord Jesus Had to Shed His Blood
Lesson Number 17
- Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
- With the shedding of Christ’s blood there is more than forgiveness.
- Remember, reincarnation is not in the Bible.
- Why was the death of Christ a stumbling block for the First Century Jews?
- Are there church people today who have a problem accepting that the shed blood of Christ is necessary for salvation?
- What did Christ’s death on the cross mean from God’s perspective?
- How was Christs death on the cross a “propitiation”?
- Was the shedding of Christ’s blood necessary for salvation?
- What is another name for a “covenant”?
- When is a will put into effect?
- They had difficulty accepting a Messiah who had been executed like a criminal.
- Unfortunately, yes.
- Christ did not die as a criminal on a Roman cross; He died on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world.
- Our Lord’s death as the sinless sacrifice satisfied the wrath of a holy God against sin.
- Absolutely! Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.
- A testament or a will.
- When the testator (covenant maker) dies. That is why Christ had to die in order for the New Covenant to go into effect.
- Under the Law, almost all things were cleansed by blood. Everything, including the people, was sprinkled by blood. Consider why there was such an emphasis on blood in the old covenant. Think of this in terms of the New Covenant as well.
- Read Hebrews 9:23-28. Discuss in what way the heavenly sanctuary had to be cleansed.
- “Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.” What is the idea of the words, “…to those who eagerly wait for Him…”?
- Reincarnation is a satanic doctrine to lead people into thinking that they don’t have to fear the judgment of God. The Bible says that there is no second chance; people will be judged. There’s only one escape from eternal condemnation to hell – it is to trust Christ as personal Savior, because only His shed blood satisfies the wrath of God against sin. Therefore, remember, reincarnation is not in the Bible. See Hebrews 9:27.
- “Without shedding of blood there is no remission.” Hebrews 9:22
- “It is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment.” Hebrews 9:27
- “So Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.…” Hebrews 9:28