Talks for Growing Christians
Christ is the Ultimate Revelation of God to Mankind
Lesson Number 1
- Christ is superior to the prophets
a. because He is God
b. because He is Savior
- Have you experienced the beauty of a Sonrise?
- What is the point of the first three verses of Hebrews chapter One?
- Should we expect some further advanced revelation from God?
- Are we in the last days? If so, when did they begin?
- How did God speak in past history?
- What was God’s greatest revelation of Himself?
- Does the Bible contradict itself when is says that God created all things and that Christ created all things?
- God has been revealing Himself throughout human history, and the ultimate revelation has come in the person of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- No. Christ has come. He is the full revelation of God.
- Yes. They began with the coming of Christ. See Hebrews 12.
- God spoke in a number of ways – through the prophets of old, through dreams, visions, ceremonies, object lessons, miracles, and the inspired writings of the Old Testament scriptures.
- The Lord Jesus Christ. See Colossians 1:15,19 and 2:9.
- There is no contradiction here because Christ is God. See Colossians 1:16.
- Read and consider the impact of Colossians 1:15-1 In Christ all things exist, from the galaxies right down to the sub-atomic particles. The power of Christ is guiding, controlling, and upholding the universe. Think about this! Shouldn’t it have a profound effect on how you view the Lord Jesus Christ? How do you give expression to what Christ as Creator and Sustainer means to you?
- When Jesus Christ purged our sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on High, the highest place of honor in heaven. We were guilty and stained with sin, but we were cleared of our guilt and cleansed from our sins when we trusted Christ. The efficacy of Christ’s sacrifice is good forever. It is a finished work. See Hebrews 10:11-1 How should this affect your life everyday?
- Have you experienced the beauty of a sunrise? Have you experienced the beauty of a Sonrise? Consider God’s appreciation of His Son. Write our your appreciation of Hebrews 1:1- How has Jesus impacted your life as Creator, Sustainer, and Savior?
- “God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on High.” -Hebrews 1:1-3