Talks for Growing Christians
More Great Truth about the Superior Sacrifice of Christ
Lesson Number 19
- Because of Christ’s superior sacrifice we are now sanctified.
- Because of Christ’s superior sacrifice we can enter the Holiest.
- Let us digest the “let-us-es” of Hebrews chapter 10.
- What is the great theme of the epistle to the Hebrews?
- Which New Testament book is the only one that refers to Jesus as priest or High Priest?
- As a High Priest, how does the Lord Jesus represent us?
- In chapters 1-7, the emphasis is on the superiority of Christ in His __________ as our High Priest. In Chapters 8-10, the emphasis is on the superiority of Christ in His__________ as our High Priest.
- Why were there no chairs in the tabernacle?
- How can Hebrews 10:15 be used to demonstrate the deity of the Holy Spirit?
- The High Priesthood of Christ.
- The epistle to the Hebrews.
- As a High Priest, He represents us in heaven before the throne of God. As our High Priest, He lives to make intercession for us in the presence of God.
- in His person; in His function
- Because of the work of the Old Testament priests was never finished.
- In Jeremiah 31 it says the “Lord God” spoke these words. Here we read that the Holy Spirit spoke these words. The Holy Spirit is God.
- Read Hebrews 10:1 Because of Christ’s superior sacrifice we have not only been saved and had our sins forgiven, but we have been perfected and sanctified. Does this mean Christians are perfect?
- “…let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith…” Because of Christ’s superior sacrifice we can boldly enter the Holiest. Think of the constrast with the Old Testament way of approaching God! We can go into the very presence of God!
- Read and digest the three “let-us-es” of Hebrews 10:21-25.
- “But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God.” -Hebrews 10:12
- “For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.” -Hebrews 10:14
- “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith…” -Hebrews 10:22