Talks for Growing Christians
Noah, His Family, and the Animals Enter the Ark
Lesson Number 16
- God’s promised judgment on the unbeliever is certain.
- God’s promised salvation for the believer is certain.
- Fathers, let’s lead our families by a strong faith.
- Where did all the water that caused the flood come from?
- What is the water vapor canopy theory?
- The unbelievers of Noah’s day not only lost their earthly lives, but they now are in a lost eternity. Is this true? Substantiate with Scripture.
- Name Noah’s sons.
- What does the ark picture for us today?
- There were two sources - fountains or springs of the great deep, and the windows or floodgates of the waters of heaven.
- It is possible that a water vapor canopy surrounded the earth. This type of canopy would have had a world wide green house effect. This would explain why there was no rain before the flood. It would have shielded the earth from dangerous cosmic radiation. Its existence would explain why there were semi-tropical conditions around the world at one time.
- See 1 Peter 3:19-20 and Hebrews 9:27.
- Shem, Ham and Japheth.
- It is a picture of salvation. The ark took the storm of God’s judgment, while Noah and his family were safe inside. Similarly, Christ took the storm of God’s judgment on the cross, but those who have believed are safe in Christ.
- It is the same today as it was in Noah’s day. People don’t believe that a judgment day is coming. See Luke 17:26-27. Note the suddenness of God’s judgment. His judgment is coming, and there will come a day when it’s too late for salvation. How does this affect you?
- The ark is a picture of salvation. It is also a picture of the eternal security of the believer. Discuss / consider.
- Noah, in godly fear, prepared the ark. His primary concern was for his family. What is your primary concern? Are you living a life of faith as an example to your family?
- “The Lord said to Noah, ‘Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me...” Genesis 7:1
- “And Noah did according to all that the Lord commanded him.” Genesis 7:5
- “...Noah and his family entered the ark.” Genesis 7:13
- “Every beast after its kind and every bird after its kind went into the ark to Noah, two by two...”
- “...the Lord shut him in.” Genesis 7:16