Talks for Growing Christians
Mankind was Wicked Before the World Wide Flood
Lesson Number 14
- The heart of God is grieved when people sin against Him.
- The heart of God is pleased when people walk with Him.
- Who are the sons of God? List three views held by Christians.
- How did Satan think that he could thwart God’s purpose of providing a Redeemer for man?
- Is there a limit to God’s tolerance of sin?
- Where is the first mention of grace found in the Bible?
- Was Noah sinless?
- a) The godly line of Seth, while the daughters of men represent the ungodly line of Cain; b) kings or dynastic rulers of the ancient world; or c) fallen angels
- Satan knew from what God had said earlier that his head would be crushed by the Seed of the woman. The Redeemer of mankind would be human (Genesis 3:15). Satan thought he could thwart God’s purpose if he could corrupt the human race.
- Yes. God said, “My Spirit shall not always strive with man forever.” Genesis 6:3
- See Genesis 6:8.
- No, but his life was characterized by walking with God, and he was a bearer of God’s word to the world. See 2 Peter 2:5. Most important, however, Noah was considered righteous by God.
- “Man’s sin is God’s sorrow.” What does this mean concerning both unbelievers and believers? See Ephesians 4:30. Is it possible that you are grieving the Holy Spirit right now? Are you bitter about something? Are you unwilling to forgive someone? If so, you are grieving the Spirit of God.
- Re-read Genesis 6:8-9. “Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.” List character traits found in Noah. Would you have found grace in the eyes of the Lord in Noah’s day? Have you found grace in the eyes of the Lord today? On what do you base your relationship with the Lord?
- Who are your heroes? Read 1 John 2:17b. Are you this kind of a hero?
- “The Lord said, ‘My Spirit shall not strive with man forever.” Genesis 6:3
- “The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was grieved in His heart.” Genesis 6:5-6
- “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord...Noah walked with God.” Genesis 6:8-9