Talks for Growing Christians
A Genealogy from Adam to Noah
Lesson Number 13
- Enoch is a model of the faithful Christian.
- Enoch is a picture of the faithful church.
- Let’s have guts like Enoch.
- Adam lived 930 years and Methuselah lived 969 years. What is the explanation for these long lives?
- Is the genealogy from Adam to Noah a genealogy with gaps, or is it a type of chronology without gaps?
- Adam begat... What does “in his own likeness” and “after his own image” mean?
- How is Enoch a model of a faithful Christian?
- How is Enoch a picture of the faithful church?
- After Adam and Eve sinned there may have been some time before the full effect of sin began to take its toll on the genetic system and shorten man’s life span. In addition, there may have been a water vapor canopy surrounding the earth before the flood, which would have helped to screen out the dangerous radiation that contributes to aging.
- It is most probably a chronology without gaps, because for each link, the number of years before and after the first born is given, and then the total number of years is given. See Jude 14. There were no gaps when Enoch was counted as the seventh from Adam.
- This phrase refers to the sinful nature being passed on to each generation. Everyone born since Adam has been born with a sinful nature.
- Enoch walked with God for three hundred years. He was faithful over the long haul. He had a steady and consistent faith. He walked with God without wavering, believing and obeying God. He worshipped God and had fellowship with Him. He witnessed for God and passed the test of faith.
- Enoch was raptured out of this world before the great flood of God’s judgment in Noah’s day. This is a picture of the rapture of the church before the great flood of judgment during the tribulation period. See 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17.
- Enoch was a model family man. What was his testimony? Are you a model family man / woman?
- Enoch walked with God. Refer to answer #4. Does this describe your walk with God?
- 1. Refer to Jude 14-16. Enoch was bold and courageous in witnessing. He preached and prophesied and spoke out against all ungodliness. Relatives and family members were the unbelievers in his day. Enoch did not hesitate to speak out against the ungodly deeds and ungodly talk of unbelievers. Are you an Enoch?
- “This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.” Genesis 5:1
- “Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.” Genesis 5:24