Talks for Growing Christians
Joseph’s Brothers Return to Canaan From Egypt
Lesson Number 93
- The Lord is still testing Israel.
- The Lord is still weeping over Israel.
- Sometimes we have to use tough love.
- Don’t keep the blinders on.
- What makes us believe that Joseph’s brothers thought he was dead?
- When is there a consciousness of God? How did this show with Joseph’s brothers?
- How is the Lord testing Israel now?
- What blessing will come out of the Tribulation, known as the time of Jacob’s Trouble?
- Joseph wept over his brothers. When did the Lord weep over Jerusalem and the people of Israel? Why did they weep?
- See Genesis 42:22. Reuben said that Joseph’s blood was required of them.
- When the conscience is awakened. This was the first time the brothers mentioned God. (Genesis 42:28).
- Israel has been temporarily set aside, but not permanently. See Romans 11:25-27. This is pictured in Genesis 42 in Joseph’s treatment of his brothers, where the groundwork was being laid for reconciliation.
- There will come a remnant of believing Jews, prepared for the return of Christ.
- See Matthew 23:37-39. They wept because they loved their brothers.
- What is tough love? When should it be used? Why is it effective?
- Have you been through a time of testing? If so, how did it prepare you for a reconciliation with God?
- Do you sometimes feel that everything is going wrong? That everything is against you? Take off the blinders and realize that God is working all things for your good.
- “His blood is now required of us.” Genesis 42:22
- “What is this that God has done to us?” Genesis 42:28
- “Jacob said, ‘All these things are against me.’“ Genesis 42:36