Talks for Growing Christians
The Fall of Man and the Promise of a Redeemer
Lesson Number 10
- The judgment of God was displayed because of the fall of man.
- The grace of God was displayed because of the fall of man.
- The Lord’s first question to us is still, “Where are you?”
- Why did God put the tree of good and evil off limits to Adam and Eve?
- When did God put the tree of life off limits to Adam and Eve? Why was it put off limits?
- Who were cherubim? What did God assign them to do in Genesis 3?
- Why did Adam call his wife Eve?
- What does the Eve gene mean?
- God’s judgement was displayed because of the fall of man. What were (are) some of the evidences of this judgment?
- Because their eyes would be opened to good and evil; they would lose their innocence.
- After the fall. So they would not live forever in their sinful state.
- They were a class of angels. They were placed at the east of the garden with a flaming sword to guard the way to the tree of life.
- Because she was the mother of all the living.
- Our genetic codes mitochondria DNA, which we inherit only from our mothers. Recent genetic studies show that all human beings are descended from the same woman.
- A woman’s pain associated with childbirth, the friction between the sexes, and thorns and thistles and sweat and toil involved in making the land produce.
- Discuss the free will of Adam and Eve before the fall and after the fall. That same sinful nature has been passed on to us. Consider your free will and your sinful nature. How can you keep them in check?
- The Bible tells us that Satan would bruise the heel of Christ. What does this mean? What does it mean to you?
- God asks each of us, “Where are you?” Where are you in reference to your fellowship with God? Are you walking with the Lord, or are you hiding from God because of some sin or problem in your life? Confess that sin, bring that problem to the Lord, and restore your fellowship with Him.
- “Adam and Eve hid themselves from the presence of God...God said, ‘Where are you?’“ Genesis 3:8-9
- “God said, ‘Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?’ The man said, ‘The woman You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.’ The woman said, ‘The serpent deceived me, and I ate.’“ Genesis 3:11-13
- “God said to the serpent, ‘I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel.’“ Genesis 3:15