Talks for Growing Christians
God Pronounces that His Creation is Very Good
Lesson Number 5
- God said that the ruler of His finished creation was man.
- God said that the condition of His finished creation was good.
- Let’s worship God for His wonderful creation.
- What was the crowning act of God’s creative work?
- Are there ancient accounts of creation other than the Genesis account? Are they similar to or different from the Genesis account?
- When did Moses write Genesis?
- To whom did God give dominion over His finished creation?
- What did it mean to be “given dominion?”
- Read Psalm 8. When will the Messianic aspects of this psalm be fulfilled?
- The creation of man. Adam and Eve were created on the sixth day of creation week.
- Yes. Some accounts were recorded earlier than the Genesis account, before the time of Moses. There are both similarities and differences between the accounts. The main difference is that the Bible is the true inspired account.
- Circa 1500 B.C.
- The man that God created. See Genesis 1:26.
- It meant that man could develop and use the earth’s resources. It meant that he was given responsibility to care for the earth, and its animals and its natural resources.
- In the future the whole earth and the universe will be subject to the Perfect Man, the Lord Jesus Christ. When He returns, the Messianic aspects of Psalm 8 will be fulfilled. When the Lord returns and sets up His glorious kingdom on this earth, we will see this carried out as He intended it.
- Discuss the responsible position man has been given by God. See Psalm 115:16.
- How has man abused this high calling?
- God’s wonderful creation will be one of the themes of our worship forever. Read Revelation 4:10-11. Consider including God’s wonderful creation in your present worship.
- “God blessed them, and said to them...’have dominion over every living thing that moves on the earth’.” Genesis 1:28