Talks for Growing Christians
God Creates Man on the Sixth Day of Creation Week
Lesson Number 4
- God created plants and animals according to their kind.
- God created man in His own image.
- Do you have fellowship with God?
- In the Genesis account, God tells us that He created matter and life in one week. How did he do this? Refer to Psalm 33:6.
- What is necessary to accept the Genesis account of creation?
See Hebrews 11:3 and Matthew 18:3.
- God created plants and animals according to their kind. See Genesis 1:12, 21, 24, 25. What does “according to its kind” mean?
- What is the difference between evolution and genetic variation?
- Why did God say, “Let Us make man in Our image...” (Genesis 1:26). Is this proof of the Trinity?
- Man was created in the image of God. What does this mean?
- Were both male and female created in the image of God?
- By the word of God.
- The creation account requires faith in the word of God, and those who would believe must become as little children, with a simple faith.
- It means that every kind was created with the genetic capability of producing variations.
- Evolution says that species developed and changed over a period of time, which means that new genetic information must come into being. Whereas, genetic variation means that the species start with all the genetic materials already present in the different kinds that God created. Then, over time different varieties of plants and beasts can occur because of the genetic capability already there.
- Not definitely, but it paves the way for the doctrine of the Trinity to be unfolded in the rest of Scripture. Most likely, the emphasis here is the plurality of God’s majesty.
- The image of God stamped upon man has to do with the spiritual side of man. This includes a God-consciousness and moral consciousness, which are associated with the Spirit.
- Yes. Refer to Genesis 1:27.
- Why did God create man in His own image?
- How can believers who have broken fellowship with God be restored?
- Do you have fellowship with God? Describe your relationship with Him. Do you feel joy? See 1 John 1:3-4
- “God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image...let them have dominion over all the earth.” Genesis 1:26