Talks for Growing Christians
Ezekiel’s Vision of the Departure of God’s Glory from the Temple
Lesson Number 10
- The judgment of God must fall on unholy people.
- The glory of God must withdraw from unholy worship.
- Don’t let Icabod ruin your church ministry.
- Cherubim, such as those mentioned in verse 3, are a high-ranking class of _________.
- The 4 cherubim associated with the whirling wheels (vs 8-12) were full of eyes. These eyes emphasize the _________________ of God. He sees all and knows all.
- In verse 3 of chapter 9 and here in the 4th verse of chapter 10, we see in Ezekiel’s vision that the glory of God departed from over the Ark of the Covenant in the ______ of ________ and moved to the threshold of the Temple. In verses 18 and 19 we see the 2d stage of the departure of God’s glory as the glory cloud moved from the Temple threshold to God’s throne-chariot above the cherubim. In verse 19, in the 3d stage of the departure, the glory of God moved to the door of the _______ gate.
- The cloud mentioned in verse 4 of chapter 10 is known as the __________ glory.
- The burning of Jerusalem (v 2) that we see here in Ezekiel’s vision literally took place when the _________________ conquered Jerusalem and burned the city. Read 2 Kings 25:8-9.
- Cherubim are a high-ranking class of angels.
- In Ezekiel’s vision, the wheels being full of eyes (v12) emphasize God’s omniscience.
- In the Temple, the Ark of the Covenant was in the holy of holies. After the glory of God moved to God’s throne-chariot, it then moved to the door of the east gate.
- “. . . and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the Lord’s glory.” The cloud here in verse 4 is known as the Shekinah (dwelling of God) glory.
- The burning of Jerusalem in Ezekiel’s vision (v 2), literally took place when the Babylonians conquered Jerusalem and burned the city.
- Discuss how you would discern whether the glory of God has departed from a particular ministry or church that you are involved in or familiar with. What would be the basic factors that you would consider?
- Are you being a positive influence in keeping worship Christ-centered and holy in your church?
Do you encourage to the godly men who are worship leaders, and do you pray for them regularly?
- “Then the glory of the Lord departed from the threshold of the Temple and stood over the cherubim. When they went out, the wheels were beside them; and they stood at the door of the east gate of the Lord’s house, and the glory of the God of Israel was above them.” Ezekiel 10: 18, 19b