Talks for Growing Christians
The Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh Plagues
Lesson Number 10
- The plagues on Egypt revealed the eternal attributes of God.
- The plagues on Egypt foreshadowed the future judgments of God.
- Are you more of a believer than Pharoah?
- If “all” the Egyptian livestock were killed in the fifth plague, how were there some left for the seventh and ninth plagues?
- Describe the sixth plague, for which no warning was given.
- List the attributes of God that are revealed in the plagues on Egypt.
- When else will we see plagues of judgment upon mankind?
- Does Pharaoh’s confession in Exodus 9:27 mean he became a believer?
- Possibly the Egyptians acquired more livestock between the plagues by stealing from the Israelites, whose livestock were not harmed.
- Moses and Aaron took handfuls of ashes and threw them up into the air. The wind scattered the ashes throughout the land and caused boils and sores to break out on the Egyptians and their animals.
- 1) omnipotence
- During the great Tribulation in the end times.
- No. We know from the rest of the Biblical record that he did not. Saving faith is more than acknowledging that God is righteous and you are a sinner.
- Discuss how the plagues on Egypt revealed the eternal attributes of God.
- Discuss how the plagues on Egypt foreshadow the judgments of the Tribulation Period
- God’s attributes are displayed by His interactions with people. Are you watching to see His attributes in your life?
- “And the LORD will make a difference between the livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt. So nothing shall die of all that belongs to the children of Israel.” Exodus 9:4
- “And the magicians could not stand before Moses because of the boils.” Exodus 9:11
- “Thus says the LORD God of the Hebrews: ‘Let My people go, that they may serve Me.’” Exodus 9:13