Talks for Growing Christians
Moses returns to Egypt from Midian
Lesson Number 5
- Obedience should follow God’s commission to serve
- Worship should follow God’s message of salvation.
- Are you willing to return to an unpleasant situation to serve the Lord?
- How can the life of Moses be divided?
- Who was pharaoh when Moses returned to Egypt?
- Why would Pharaoh not let the Children of Israel leave Egypt?
- What is the “mountain of God”?
- What did Moses and Aaron do once they arrived in Egypt?
- What was the people’s response to the Lord’s pronouncement?
- Moses' life
- 40 years being raised and educated in Egypt
- 40 years being trained in the school of God in Midian
- 40 years being God’s leader for the Children of Israel
- Likely Amenhotep II
- Because the Israelites were Egypt’s slave labor force, and because God had hardened Pharaoh’s heart.
- It is Mount Sinai.
- They assembled the Children of Israel together and showed them the miraculous signs, and told them all that the Lord had promised.
- They believed and worshipped the Lord.
- Review the events of Exodus 4:24-26. Refer to Genesis 17:10 where circumcision is given as a sign of the Abrahamic covenant. God expects His servants to obey. Do you have disobedience in your life, which is keeping you from following God’s commission to serve?
- Is worship your response to God’s salvation? Do you have a specific time in your week when you purposefully worship the Lord? The busyness of life can often interfere with worship. Make a point to make time to worship Him!
- Are you willing to serve the Lord wherever He asks you to go?
- “Then Moses took his wife and his sons and set them on a donkey, and he returned to the land of Egypt. And Moses took the rod of God in his hand.” Exodus 4:20
- “So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel and that He had looked on their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped.” Exodus 4:31