Talks for Growing Christians
The Tabernacle is Completed and Filled by the Glory of the Lord
Lesson Number 40
- The Tabernacle was completed.
- The Tabernacle was inspected.
- The Tabernacle was erected.
- The Tabernacle was indwelt.
- Let’s not forget to acknowledge a job well done.
- Why did God want all these details recorded in Scripture?
- What did the precious stones on the ephod and the breastplate of the high priest represent?
- Review what the colors of the high priest’s garments teach us about Christ, as paralleled in the gospels.
- How long was the time between the Exodus and when the Tabernacle was constructed?
- How did God show His approval of the completed Tabernacle?
- God paid attention to details both then and now. We also know that the Tabernacle and its furnishings typify the Person and Work of Christ, so the details certainly enhance these spiritual pictures.
- They represented the twelve tribes of Israel on the shoulders and over the heart of the high priest.
- Matthew – Christ as King, purple
Mark – The Suffering Servant, red
Luke – Christ the Perfect, Sinless Son of Man, white
John – Christ as the Son of God, blue and gold
- About one year after the Exodus, eight and a half months after the Children of Israel camped at Mt. Sinai
- The cloud of God’s glory and presence filled the Tabernacle.
- When Moses looked over the work of the Tabernacle, everything was in order – just as the Lord commanded. If a fellow believer were to inspect your life as a Christian, would he be able to say that everything is just as the Lord commanded?
- Well done! We have come to the end of our study on Exodus. How have you benefited from this study? What is the most significant thing you have learned?
- Are you thankful that we have a God of details? He knows every sparrow which falls and every hair on your head. This truth is both encouraging and challenging.
- “Then Moses looked over all the work, and indeed they had done it; as the LORD had commanded, just so they had done it. And Moses blessed them.” Exodus 39:43
- “Then the cloud covered the tabernacle of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.” Exodus 40:34