Talks for Growing Christians
Believers are to Put On the Whole Armor of God
Lesson Number 19
- Believers should put on the whole armor of God.
a. The purpose of the armor
b. The pieces of the armor
- Let’s memorize more Scripture.
- Why was there no armor listed for the back?
- According to James 4:7, what will happen when you resist the devil?
- What is the purpose of the armor?
- What is the good news / bad news concerning spiritual warfare?
- List the pieces of the armor.
- A Christian is not to run away scared and capitulate to the enemy, but stand and resist and fight the good fight.
- He will flee from you.
- That you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. You are to stand and fight and be victorious in spiritual warfare.
- Good news – Satan cannot take away our salvation, and we never have to be defeated if we put on the whole armor of God. Bad news – We don’t always put on the whole armor of God, and Satan sees and attacks where we are vulnerable, defeating us in spiritual warfare.
- The belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the sandals of the preparation of the gospel, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit.
- Satan and his fallen angels and demons are referred to as the principalities and powers and rulers of the darkness of this age, and spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places. These forces of Satan are using every trick to try and defeat us. How can we be victorious in this spiritual warfare?
- Go deeper into the intent and meaning of each of the pieces of armor.
- Do you have some kind of Scripture memorization program going on in your life right now? The Holy Spirit cannot bring Scriptures to your mind to use in spiritual battle unless you know them. The Lord in His temptation in the wilderness quoted three times from the book of Deuteronomy.
- “My brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.” Ephesians 6:10-11
- “We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day.” Ephesians 6:12-13