Talks for Growing Christians
Walk in Love and Light
Lesson Number 15
- Believers should walk in love.
a. Imitate God
b. Sacrifice self
- Believers should walk in light.
a. Practice purity
b. Walk wisely
- You, too, can know the will of God for your life.
- As believers, one in the Spirit constituting the body of Christ, what are we to keep?
- According to this section of Scripture, how are believers to walk?
- What is the fruit of light contrasted to?
- How do believers expose the shameful works of darkness done in secret?
- Beyond exposing evil, how should Christians live?
- How does a believer redeem the time?
- The unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- In love and in light.
- The works of darkness. Refer to Galatians 5:22-23 contrasting the fruit of the Spirit and the works of the flesh.
- By living a life or purity and walking in the light. Then what is sinful and shameful is automatically exposed.
- By not being linked to evil, or even the appearance of evil.
- By using every opportunity to serve the Lord.
- Review the principle – Believers should walk in love. How do you walk in love? (Give practical examples from life). How do you sacrifice self? (Give practical examples).
- Review the principle – Believers should walk in the light. How do you walk in light? What are your standards for purity? Do you exhibit the fruit of the Spirit in your everyday life? How do you expose the evil that you see around you?
- How can you know the will of God for your life? Do you know the will of God for your life?
- “Walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us.” Ephesians 5:2
- “Walk as children of light…finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.” Ephesians 5:8-12
- “Redeem the time, because the days are evil.” Ephesians 5:16