Talks for Growing Christians
Paul's Prayer for the Ephesians
Lesson Number 10
- Believers are capable of being spiritually strengthened.
a. The source of spiritual strengthening
b. The results of spiritual strengthening
1. greater fellowship
2. greater love
3. greater comprehension
4. greater knowledge
5. greater filling
6. greater power
7. greater praise
- Are you a spiritually strengthened Christian, or still a weak Christian?
- The three chapters of doctrine begin and end with a doxology (1:3 and 3:20-21). What is a doxology?
- Between these two doxologies a great truth is revealed. What is this truth?
- What is the primary theme of Paul’s prayer for the Ephesian believers (and God’s prayer for us, as well)?
- What is the primary source of spiritual strengthening?
- What is the inner man?
- An expression of praise to God.
- That the Jews and Gentiles are one in Christ.
- That they (and we) would be spiritually strengthened for their participation in God’s eternal program and purpose.
- God, the Father.
- The spiritual part of us that is now alive in Christ.
- Discuss / consider each of the results of spiritual strengthening. Personalize each of these results in your life.
- Do you pray for fellow believers like Paul prayed?
- Are you a spiritually strengthened Christian? Go through the results as a check list.
- “…for this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ…that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory…” Ephesians 3:14-16
- “…that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height – to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge…” Ephesians 3:17-19