Talks for Growing Christians
All Believers Are Already Enthroned in Heaven
Lesson Number 5
- Believers are in heaven already.
a. We were dead
b. We are alive
c. We are ascended
- Remember, we are God’s “Exhibit A” forever.
- What is our spiritual position in Christ according to Ephesians?
- Can dead people bring themselves back to life? What does this mean spiritually?
- List the three characteristics of life apart from God.
- Why did God make us alive?
- What is the difference between God’s grace and His mercy?
- Is there a waiting period after we die before believers go to heaven?
- To whom will God display us as trophies of His grace?
- We are ascended and enthroned. God sees us in Christ right now. This is our legal standing before a holy and righteous God.
- Dead people cannot bring themselves back to life. Nor can spiritually dead people do this. God must do all the work to bring us to life.
- Following the world (2:2), following the devil (2:2), and following the flesh (2:3).
- Not because of any good in us, but because of His mercy, grace, and love.
- Mercy emphasizes our great need because of sin. Grace emphasizes our great source of help – God Himself. Because of mercy we don’t receive what we deserve, namely, the wrath of God. Because of God’s grace, we do receive what we don’t deserve – all the blessings of heaven.
- No. We are already seated in heaven – this is our spiritual position, enthroned with Christ. When we die there is no waiting period. We are absent from the body and present with the Lord.
- To the intelligent universe of people and powers. We will forever be the proof of God’s grace.
- Ponder the point that believers are in heaven already. What does this mean to you eternally? What does this mean to you right now in your everyday living?
- Consider the three characteristics of life apart from God, and review how you moved from these characteristics to life in Christ. Refer to 1 John 2:16.
- You are God’s “Exhibit A” forever. You will be forever the proof of God’s grace. Just think of experiencing God’s grace forever! Tell your “rags to riches” story to someone today.
- “You He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins.” Ephesians 2:1
- “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us… made us alive together with Christ…” Ephesians 2:4-5