Talks for Growing Christians
Spiritual Blessings in Christ, continued
Lesson Number 3
- Believers are blessed with all spiritual blessings.
a. Our spiritual blessing of election
b. Our spiritual blessing of sonship
c. Our spiritual blessing of redemption
d. Our spiritual blessing of forgiveness of sins
e. Our wisdom and insight
f. Our spiritual blessing of an inheritance
g. Our spiritual blessing of the Holy Spirit
- You can be sure that there are no maverick molecules in this universe.
- Are we promised both physical and spiritual blessings by God?
- How many spiritual blessings are available to us?
- Why is it that some believers do not have spiritual blessings?
- What does redemption imply?
- What is the price of our redemption?
- To what do we owe the forgiveness of sins?
- Who is our seal and pledge?
- No. As believers we are not promised physical blessings, but we are promised spiritual blessings.
- Every spiritual blessing is ours right now by divine right.
- Because they fail to appreciate and appropriate them.
- That we were in bondage – slaves to sin and to Satan.
- The blood of Christ. See Mark 10:45 and 1 Peter 1:18-19.
- The riches of God’s grace.
- The Holy Spirit. It is He who guarantees our inheritance.
- List the spiritual blessings of believers as observed in Ephesians 1:4-14. What do these spiritual blessings mean to you personally?
- Consider what a blessing it is to be taken into God’s confidence and to be able to grasp and comprehend His divine purpose.
- God works all things according to the counsel of His will. What is included in the “all things?” What does this say about God’s care and concern for His children?
- “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.” Ephesians 1:7
- “In Him we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will.” Ephesians 1:11
- “…having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, the guarantee of our inheritance…” Ephesians 1:13-14