Talks for Growing Christians
The Fourth and Final Vision of Daniel
Lesson Number 12
- Holy angels help God by serving His people.
- Fallen angels oppose God by resisting His purpose.
- Let’s understand our role in spiritual warfare.
- Why was Daniel fasting and mourning for three weeks (verse 3)?
- Where did Daniel receive this fourth and final vision?
- Was the man that appeared to Daniel an angel or the Lord Himself?
- Who are the “prince of the kingdom of Persia” and the “prince of Greece”?
- Right now there is angelic warfare going on behind the national and international scenes. What passages address Satan himself as the power source behind pagan kings?
- Most likely because Daniel had received word from the Jewish captives who had returned to Jerusalem under the edict of Cyrus. We know from the book of Ezra that the Jewish people who returned home faced opposition and their work of rebuilding the Temple was delayed.
- During these three weeks the Jewish feasts of Passover and Unleavened Break took place. Apparently Daniel and other godly Jews went to a location on the Tigris River to observe these feasts.
- In favor of this man being the Lord, His description is very similar to the description of the Lord in the Apostle John’s vision in Revelation 1. In favor of him being an angel is the fact that he was sent by God to Daniel, but was hindered for 21 days until Michael the archangel came to help him. So we believe this man was one of the holy angels.
- They are fallen angels operating behind the scenes to oppose God and resist His plans and purposes in this world. They do so by seeking to influence the affairs of the nations.
- Isaiah 14, the king of Babylon, and Ezekiel 28, the king of Tyre
- Holy angels help God by serving His people. Read Hebrews 1:14. Many people today are fascinated by angels. What is a healthy attitude to have about these ministering spirits? Remember, Daniel did not go seeking angelic help. He prayed to God, and God sent the angel.
- Discuss our role in spiritual warfare according to Ephesians 6. We should pray to the Lord and leave the angelic side of spiritual warfare to the angels.
- Do you need help? Pray to God and He will send it! It may be in the form of an angel, or through the Holy Spirit who indwells you!
- “But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me.” Daniel 10:13
- “Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come.” Daniel 10:14