Talks for Growing Christians
The Exaltation of Jesus Christ
Lesson Number 5
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the firstborn over everything.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the Creator of everything
- The Lord Jesus Christ is the sustainer of everything.
- Are we fulfilling the purpose for which we were created?
- What was the theme of Paul’s letter to the Colossians?
- What were the Gnostics teaching about the person and work of Christ?
- If God created all things, how could Jesus Christ have created all things?
- Were some angels created evil?
- How is the universe held together?
- For what purpose were we created? To whom are we responsible (accountable)?
- The supremacy and all- sufficiency of Christ.
- They taught that Christ was not fully God, not fully supreme, and not all-sufficient.
- Because Jesus Christ is fully God; He is One with the Father
- No. They became evil with the fall of Satan.
- Jesus Christ is the sustainer of everything (Colossians 1:17).
- To bring glory to God’s name.
- Explain the term, “firstborn,” in relation to Christ.
- What does it mean to bring glory to the name of God?
- Review Paul’s primary message to the Colossian church concerning the person and work of Jesus Christ. Get a good view of the pre-eminence of Christ.
- Consider the purpose for which you were created, and to whom you are responsible and accountable. Are you fulfilling this purpose? Are you bringing glory to the name of the Lord?
- “He is the image of the invisible God.” Colossians 1:15
“And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.” Colossians 1:17
- “All things were created through Him and for Him.” Colossians 1:16