Talks for Growing Christians
Section of Thanksgiving
Lesson Number 2
- The gospel is good news.
a. Because it is hope
b. Because it is true
c. Because it is universal
d. Because it is productive
e. Because it is the grace of God
- We should have busy prayer lives.
- We should love all the saints.
- Name three things for which Paul was thankful, according to this letter.
- List five reasons the gospel is good news.
- The gospel is limited. True or False? Explain.
- When is it appropriate to pray?
- How are you to love certain unlovable, irritable Christians?
- a. the Colossian believers
b. the gospel
c. Epaphras, a dear, beloved, faithful servant
- Because it is
e. the grace of God.
- False. It is universal, available to all who will believe.
- Anytime, anywhere.
- Love with agape love, God’s love.
- When we become busy in the Lord’s work, we can be excused from praying (God understands our time and work pressures). T/F? Discuss.
- Discuss examples of the gospel bearing fruit.
- Pray earnestly this week for a Christian who you do not naturally like. Pray for yourself as to how you can relate to him/her.
- “We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you.” Colossians 1:3