Talks for Growing Christians
Further Miracles in the Apostle Peter's Ministry
Lesson Number 17
- The healing of Aeneas and raising of Dorcas illustrate the salvation and resurrection of the believer.
- The healing of Aeneas and raising of Dorcas illustrate the restoration and rebirth of Israel.
- Be remembered as a Dorcas and not as a Jehoram!
- When did Saul of Tarsus begin sharing his new-found faith in Jesus Christ?
- How do we know that the apostles were having success in carrying out the Lord’s charge from Acts 1:8?
- Where are Lydda and Joppa?
- How did Peter follow the Lord’s pattern when he healed Aeneas?
- How did Peter follow the Lord’s pattern when he healed Lydia?
- Immediately after his conversion
- Acts 9:31 speaks of plural churches in Judea, Galilee, and Samaria.
- These two cities lie on the Mediterranean coast. Joppa is the modern city of Jaffa, which is part of Tel Aviv.
- Peter followed Jesus example of healing the paralyzed man at the Pool of Bethesda by saying, “Arise, take up your bed and walk.”
- When Jesus raised Jarius’ daughter to life he put the mourners out of the room. Peter did likewise, then prayed and gave Dorcas his hand and presented her alive to the mourners.
- One purpose of miracles in the Bible is to illustrate spiritual truth. Discuss how the healing of Ananias illustrates salvation from sin. How does the raising of Dorcas illustrate the resurrection of the saint?
- The healing of Aeneas and raising of Dorcas illustrate the restoration and rebirth of Israel. Review this doctrinal point, referring to Ezekiel 37. Bible believing evangelical Christians long for the restoration of Israel.
- When wicked king Jehoram of Judah died, he “died with no one’s regret” (2 Chronicles 21:20). On the other hand, many people mourned the death of Dorcas. Dorcas was a doer of good deeds behind the scenes and she touched many people’s lives. How will you be remembered?
- “Then the churches throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria had peace and were edified. And walking in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, they were multiplied.” Acts 9:31
- “And all the widows stood by him weeping, showing the tunics and garments which Dorcas had made while she was with them.” Acts 9:39