Talks for Growing Christians
The Gospel Moves into the Continent of Europe
Lesson Number 27
- The Lord can use the enemy’s dual strategy to accomplish His purpose.
- The Lord can use the believer’s legal status to accomplish His purpose.
- What significant landmark in the spread of the gospel occurs in this chapter?
- How did Paul and his team decide to go to Europe?
- Where did Paul and his team first go in Philippi?
- Who was Lydia?
- What is our enemy Satan’s dual strategy?
- List some of the rights of Romans citizens.
- Paul brings the gospel to the continent of Europe.
- They were led there by the Holy Spirit after He prevented them from preaching the Word in Asia and Bithynia.
- They went down by the riverside because they heard about a Sabbath day prayer meeting there.
- She was a well-to-do Gentile business woman who worshipped the true God. She heard the gospel from Paul by the riverside and believed.
- One is the friendly alliance tactic. The other is the frontal assault tactic.
- Roman citizens were not to be beaten with rods and they were to have a fair trial.
- Discuss the ways in which our enemy Satan seeks to attack us. Refer to 2 Corinthians 11:14 and 1 Peter 5:8. How can being aware of these tactics help us have victory?
- Notice Paul’s bold response to the keeper of the prison in Acts 16:37. It was appropriate here for Paul to claim his rights as a Roman citizen. Can you think of a situation where it would be beneficial for you as a believer to claim your legal status and civil rights? The Lord can use this to accomplish His purpose.
- If you were in prison would you have joyfulness in your heart to sing? This could only be possible if you were experiencing the faith and peace that God can bring in difficult times. Find a time this week to sing when difficulties come.
- “And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met there.” Acts 16:13
- “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.” Acts 16:17
- “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.” Acts 16:31