2 Timothy 4:5-8
Talks for Growing Christians
Paul Continues His Final Charge to Timothy to Be Faithful
2 Timothy 4:5-8
Lesson Number 17
- Every Christian has received a ministry.
- Not every Christian will receive the crown of righteousness.
- Do you view your life now as a sacrifice?
- Will you view your life then as a success?
- “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” Who wrote this, and to whom was it written?
- What is the four-point charge of the Christian’s ministry?
- What does it mean to be watchful in all things?
- Will you necessarily experience afflictions if you desire to live a godly life?
- List the four main passages of Scripture that speak about spiritual gifts.
- What is the crown of righteousness? Will every Christian receive the crown of righteousness?
- Paul wrote it to Timothy, and God wrote it to us.
- a. be watchful in all things
b. endure afflictions
c. do the work of an evangelist
d. fulfill your ministry
- It means to stay well-balanced, avoiding extremes.
- Yes. See 2 Timothy 3:12.
- Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4, 1 Peter 4:10
- It is a reward which the Lord will give to the faithful Christian. It is a reward for righteous living, which will be given to those who are looking forward to the return of Christ. See 2 Timothy 4:8.
- Review the four-point charge concerning the Christian’s ministry. How do you measure up in each of these points? Be specific in your answer.
- Will you receive a crown of righteousness? On what do you base your answer? Consider Dr. Dave’s suggestion, “Every morning when you get up, say to yourself, ‘Maybe the Lord will return today,’ and live your day in the light of that possibility.”
- Do you view your life now as a sacrifice? Will you view your life then as a success? What is your criteria for success? How does God view success?
- “Be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.” 2 Timothy 4:5
- “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” 2 Timothy 4:7
- “Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:8