2 Thessalonians 3:1-9
Talks for Growing Christians
Living a Prayerful and Orderly Christian Life
2 Thessalonians 3:1-9
Lesson Number 4
- Believers should follow the model prayer life of the Apostle Paul.
- Believers should follow the model lifestyle of the Apostle Paul.
- You don’t have to fear the Devil.
- What is the main theme of both 1 and 2 Thessalonians?
- Why did Paul write these epistles?
- What specific issues did Paul cover?
- Paul gives some practical exhortations for godly living in view of these great doctrinal truths. List some of these exhortations.
- What was Paul’s primary concern in prayer?
- The Return of the Lord.
- To answer questions that the Thessalonian believers had about the Lord’s return.
- He distinguished clearly between the rapture and the day of the Lord. The rapture of the church is imminent, and therefore, the Lord could come back at any time for His church. The day of the Lord has prophetic signs associated with it, which have not yet happened. The day of the Lord includes the coming tribulation period of the end times, the return of the Lord to the earth in judgment, and the glorious thousand-year reign of our Lord on the earth.
- Believers should pray for one another, and that they would know more of the love of God. He also wrote that the believers were to follow exemplary Christians lives, giving them a sound example in his own life.
- His primary concern was for the work of the Lord, that the word of God would spread effectively and not be hindered.
- Paul realized the importance of prayer. He wanted the Thessalonian believers to pray for him, just as he prayed for them. Paul asked them to pray that the word of the Lord might run swiftly and be glorified, and that he would be delivered from the unreasonable and wicked men. He prayed that their hearts would be directed into the love of God and into the patience of Christ. Are people praying for you? Are you praying for other? Are you prayers like those of Paul?
- Paul could say that he was an example to follow because he labored in love without compensation by men. Is your lifestyle an example to others?
- Paul wrote that the Lord would establish and guard you from the evil one. You need to be aware of Satan and his tactics and strategy, but if you walk with the Lord, trusting Him, you do not have to fear the Devil.
- “ Brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified… and that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men. ” - 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2
- “ The Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one. ” - 2 Thessalonians 3:3
- “ May the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ. ” - 2 Thessalonians 3:5
- “ We made ourselves an example of how you should follow. ” - 2 Thessalonians 3:9