2 Corinthians 9
Talks for Growing Christians
Rewards for Christian Giving
2 Corinthians 9
Lesson Number 11
- Believers will receive rewards for Christian giving.
You will receive unlimited blessings.
Your needs will be met.
You will always have resources for giving.
Your record of giving will endure forever.
Your returns will be according to the natural law of multiplication.
You are given credit for contributing to the glory of God.
You will be prayed for by other believers.
- Get the most for your dollar.
- What is the context of 2 Corinthians 9?
- What does 2 Corinthians 8-9 teach about Christian giving?
- How does Christian giving provide unlimited blessings?
- How can you ensure a legacy that lasts forever?
- Why are the rewards of Christian giving possible?
- In his previous letter to the Corinthians, Paul mentioned the collection that he was making for the poor and needy saints of the Jerusalem church. The Corinthians had made a good start, but had not finished the project. Here Pail is urging the Corinthians to finish the job.
- Chapter 8 contained 7 principles for Christian giving. Chapter 9 contains 7 rewards for Christian giving.
- The amount of blessing that we reap is limited only by the manner of our sowing. The more you give purposefully, willingly, and cheerfully, the more you will be blessed!
- Be generous in your ministry of Christian giving.
- Because God gave Himself for us. 2 Corinthians 9:15
- One of the rewards for Christian giving is a promise that our needs will be met. God is willing and able to supply us with everything necessary to meet our personal needs, as well as the needs of our ministry of giving. What do you need?
- What a wonderful truth that our Christian giving contributes to the glory of God! Discuss how this works. Has the study of this chapter affected your attitude on giving?
- How do you get the most for your dollar? Give it to the Lord!
- “So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7
- “Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness.” 2 Corinthians 9:10
- “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” 2 Corinthians 9:15