1 Corinthians 16
Talks for Growing Christians
Closing Messages and Benediction
1 Corinthians 16
Lesson Number 25
- The Lord’s servants should abound in the work of the Lord.
a. Put aside as the Lord prospers.
b. Plan ahead as the Lord wills.
c. Pave the way for other servants.
d. Prepare the saints for battle.
e. Praise the good works of others.
f. Pass on the greetings of the family.
g. Pray in line with Scripture.
- When the door opens wide, expect opposition inside.
- We see in this passage that believers abounding in the work of the Lord should give money to the Lord. How much money should you give? How often should you give?
- Is it wrong for believers to plan ahead?
- How did Paul pave the way for Timothy?
- What is an often overlooked part of our armor for spiritual battle?
- How did Paul send his own personal greetings?
- You should give “as the Lord prospers,” in proportion to your income. You should give regularly, here the Corinthians gave weekly.
- No, in fact, goal setting in the work of the Lord is scriptural. But all our plans should be subject to the Lord’s will and therefore flexible.
- He gave the Corinthians notice that Timothy was coming and he commended him to make the Corinthians more familiar with him.
- Love. See 1 Corinthians 16:14 and 1 Thessalonians 5:8.
- By writing them himself in verse 21, rather than dictating it as he did the rest of the letter.
- If we are abounding in the work of the Lord, we should be quick to recognize and commend fellow believers who are also abounding in the work of the Lord. Are you quick to praise the good works of others? Or are you quicker to criticize the mistakes of others?
- Think back on your study of 1 Corinthians. What is the most interesting thing you have learned? What was the most impactful or surprising?
- When God opens the door for ministry, the Enemy will be active in bringing opposition. Be aware of this and remember what you have learned from Paul’s example in ministry.
- “On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper.” 1 Corinthians 16:2
- “Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.” 1 Corinthians 16:13-14
- “If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. O Lord, come!” 1 Corinthians 16:22