1 Chronicles 15
Talks for Growing Christians
David Successfully Brings the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem
1 Chronicles 15
Lesson Number 9
- There was a great celebration when the Ark was brought to Jerusalem.
- There will be a great celebration when the Lord returns to Jerusalem.
- Use your skills for the Lord.
- Don’t despise the worship of other believers.
- Why was Uzza struck dead (1 Chronicles 13)? What was the lesson for the people of Israel?
- Where did David put the Ark in Jerusalem?
- In what ways is the Ark of the Covenant a spiritual picture of Christ?
- Why was Chenaniah put in charge of leading and teaching the choir (verse 22)?
- Michal was wrong for judging David’s joyful display of worship. What is the lesson for us?
- Uzza died because he wrongly touched the Ark of God. God always expects His people to know and follow His word.
- David prepared a tent in Jerusalem in which to receive the Ark. This was not the Tabernacle. This tent was only meant to be a temporary dwelling place for the Ark until the Temple was built.
- The Mercy Seat of the Ark was where the blood of the atoning sacrifice was brought so that a Holy God could dwell in the midst of His sinful people. The blood of Christ is the basis of our salvation and our fellowship with a Holy God.
- Because he was skillful in music and singing! Also he was available to dedicate his talent and skill to the Lord.
- We may not choose to worship the Lord in the same way and with the same emotional displays as other believers, but we should not despise their worship.
- Back in 1 Chronicles 14:12, David gave instructions for the idols the Philistines had abandoned in their military retreat to be burned. He knew if their souvenirs were taken home by his troops, there was a risk of idolatry creeping into the nation. Discuss the trendy use of idols or occult objects for home decoration. Do you think this is a big deal?
- David arranged for quite a musical celebration when the Ark of the Covenant was brought up to Jerusalem. Look at 1 Chronicles 15:16. Discuss why you think there is so much controversy over music in worship today.
- Take some time today to worship the Lord! Will your worship involve singing, dancing, whirling, or quiet mediation?
- “Then David said, ‘No one may carry the ark of God but the Levites, for the LORD has chosen them to carry the ark of God and to minister before Him forever.’ And David gathered all Israel together at Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the LORD to its place, which he had prepared for it.” 1 Chronicles 15:2-3
- “And it happened, as the ark of the covenant of the LORD came to the City of David, that Michal, Saul's daughter, looked through a window and saw King David whirling and playing music; and she despised him in her heart.” 1 Chronicles 15:29